Re: Loop-AES 1.6f and gpg encrypted root trouble

On Freitag, 27. September 2002 19:52 Jari Ruusu wrote:
> mikael.laakso@bitstream.fi wrote:

> > >RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> > >Freeing initrd memory: 2k freed
> > >VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem) readonly.
> > >Mounted devfs on /dev
> > >Freeing unused kernel memory: 260k freed
> > >Mounting /dev/hda1 as /lib failed
> > >flushing ide devices: hda hdc
> > >System halted.
>
> You should use devfs names for /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda2 in build-initrd.sh
> if you set USEDEVFS=1.
>
> > I've used the updated build-initrd.sh together with the util-linux
[...]
> > build-initrd.sh has:
> >
> > BOOTDEV=/dev/hda1
>
> BOOTDEV=/dev/discs/disc0/part1
>
> > BOOTTYPE=ext2
> > CRYPTROOT=/dev/hda2
>
> CRYPTROOT=/dev/discs/disc0/part2

Hi,

i seem to have the same problem (the error message mounting /dev/hde1 as /lib
failed). So, I read your answer Jari, and altered my bootdev and my cryptroot
according to your suggestions (before they were set to hde1 and hda10).
Sadly, I still get that error (now with /dev/discs/disc4/part1). Any help
greatly needed.

BOOTDEV=/dev/discs/disc4/part1
BOOTTYPE=ext2
CRYPTROOT=/dev/discs/disc0/part10
ROOTTYPE=reiserfs
CIPHERTYPE=AES128
USEGPGKEY=0
GPGKEYFILE=rootkey.gpg
USEMODULE=1
USEPIVOT=1
INITRDONLY=0
SOURCEROOT=
DESTINATIONROOT=
DESTINATIONPREFIX=/boot
INITRDGZNAME=initrd-gentoo.gz
ROOTLOOPINDEX=0
TEMPLOOPINDEX=6
LOOPMODPARAMS=""
USEDEVFS=1
LOADNATIONALKEYB=0
USEROOTSETUP=0

Peter
--
In the beginning was the word.
But by the time the second word was added to it,

-