Forgot password BUT, fs is mounted

Hi,

I have forgotten the password to my encrypted file system (well, I have a
couple of guesses, but I'm not sure).  The reason I don't want to try them is
because the drive has been mounted and running for awhile now... everything is
fine, but just in case something happens to the computer, I was wondering if
there is any way to recover the password from an already mounted partition?  If
not, is it possible for me to attempt to mount it again in a different location
(probably not?) so I can try guessing the password?  Or am I just better off
copying everything over while I have the chance and re-encrypting and this time
remembering the password? :-)

Thanks!

David

-