Re: Auto-unmounting secure partitions

  Try using autofs. You can have it set up so that it doesn't even show in a
directory listing, then when you cd to it, it automagically mounts, then
unmounts after you've left it.
  Like have in your /etc/auto.misc
 crypt		 -fstype=reiserfs	 :/dev/loop0

and in your /etc/auto.master

/misc	/etc/auto.misc	--timeout=60

Of course you have to already have run losesetup. "crypt" will be a dir in /misc
but anyone not having permissions won't even be able to see any dir there.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix

"War is just a racket ... something that is not what it seems to the
majority of people. Only a small group knows what its about. It is
conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the
masses."  --- Major General Smedley Butler, 1933

"Our overriding purpose, from the beginning through to the present
day, has been world domination - that is, to build and maintain the
capacity to coerce everybody else on the planet: nonviolently, if
possible, and violently, if necessary. But the purpose of US foreign
policy of domination is not just to make the rest of the world jump
through hoops; the purpose is to faciliate our exploitation of
resources."
- Ramsey Clark, former US Attorney General
http://www.thesunmagazine.org/bully.html
-