Re: Support of Intel Pro/100S?

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:

> Intel produces so called 'IPSec network card' - a 100mbit ethernet card with
> a DES/3DES chip on it to speed up ipsec connections going thougt the card.
> Is there any Linux support for it?

Not to my knowlege.  Intel has never released specs for it. Their Linux
drivers do not seem to support it.  (Even though their has been requests
by MULTIPLE people, including their own driver developers, to do so.)

They support the card on a totally insecure OS (Win2k), but not on
something that can be secured.  (I don't believe Win2k can be secured
without unplugging it.)

Some of my more paranoid friends believe that the reason they do not
support it is that the chipset is backdoored or has some other GAKage.

I am prone to agree with them.

-