Hi all,

See my comments "in text" below:

Regards,

Sam Simpson
sam@samsimpson.com
http://www.samsimpson.com/

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, pplf wrote:

> Earl wrote:
> > With WIN, I have SCRAMDISK and DRIVECRYPT and feel that my
> > confidential data is safe no matter what.
>
> Scramdisk (the source is free) or Drivecrypt (here, no source-code at
> all!) are not secure because Windoze is not secure. And you cannot
> encrypt the swap.

Neither program claims to be a panacea.  Cleaning Windows and Windows swap
are out of the scope of the program but there are perfectly owrkable
solutions (e.g. booting Win95 from a CD and mounting a Scramdisk partition
etc) to achieve as close to 100% security as possible with Windows.

Using Sami's Eraser and some custom Perl clean scripts I was pretty happy
with the security of my Win2k install....Well, as happy as I can be with
the underlying operating system coming from MS!

Of course, I'm 100% happier with Linux :)

<SNIP>

-