ext3 & e2fsck & simulated crash & loop-aes

Hi,

so I have now loop-aes with file backed and ext3->ext3->partition.
I did copy a large file from the normal partition to the crypto-file
and in the middle just pressed reset. I wanted to see what happens.

I just wonder because at boot e2fsck says for the whole partition (where
the cryptofile is as well) "recovering journal". Now when I make
a losetup -e to /dev/loop0 for the file and then a e2fsck /dev/loop0
(or e2fsck -f /dev/loop0) it says everything is ok. I wonder why it
doesn't say recovering journal for the crypto-fs as well like for the
whole partition on boot ? Anyone can explain it to me ?

Thanks !
Martin

PS: It really is very fast with loop-aes. Great thing !

-