Re: cryptoapi & loop-aes & ext3 & file based encryption

> http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/2002-02/msg00020.html
>
> http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/2002-06/msg00047.html
> (and other messages in this thread)

Many thanks for the interesting arcticles.

So, if I understand right:

When I mount ext3 at boot with fstab it defaults to data=ordered and thus I can
use for loop-aes & cryptoapi:

ext3 -> loop -> ext3 (default=ordered) -> partition

with no future options.

Also

ext2 -> loop -> ext3 -> partition

should work with no problem.

Correct ?

BTW, what is more reliable, loop-aes or cryptoapi ? I have the feeling
from the postings that more people use loop-aes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks !
Martin

-