Re: loop-AES trouble

Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 09:28:10PM +0300, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> > Did you change kernel .config between compiling your running kernel and
> > compiling loop.o + loop_serpent.o modules? Compiling a module and rest of
> > kernel with different .config is almost guaranteed to cause trouble.
>
> Both are freshly recompiled.
>
> Tried without kernel automounter and without knfsd, same result.
>
> Realised one more thing, I run with IDE multcount=16 and 'hdparm -u1',
> did you ever test with similar options?

Yes, I used multcount=16 unmaskirq=1 using_dma=1. IDE settings should not
affect loop driver at all.

I ran some stress tests overnight using kernel 2.4.18, loop_serpent with 256
bit keys and 660 MB data set. I did not see any errors on my tests.

This looks like some sort of compile problem. Could you post exact commands
that you used to compile and install your kernel, loop.o and loop_serpent.o
modules? Also include output from loop-AES and ciphers Makefiles. What gcc
version are you using? Can you double check that you actually booted the
newly compiled kernel instead of some older version?

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>

-