Re: What I want to do -doable ?

On Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2002 17:39 Jari Ruusu wrote:
> Peter Kirk wrote:
> > To make my system-data totally robbery safe:
[...]
> > encrypt it, I am  planning on not using a swap partition at all.
>
> Loop-AES does all of that, including encrypted swap (by adding
> loop=/dev/loop6,encryption=AES128 options to swap entries of your
> /etc/fstab file). It even includes a configurable script to create a
> complete fully-working initrd for you. Just follow instructions in the
> README file and you have encrypted-everything-except-/boot system.
>
> You can find latest version here:
There was a HowTo I read (from 2000 or sth),
which explained how to patch loopback driver, util-linux, the Kernel,
integrate crypto-api.
At this moment I _can_ use losetup to create a encrypted file-system (with
aes) on a partition (or a file). Do I realy have to install this Loop-AES ?
Why ? Is it only possible to encrypt swap with Loop-AES instead of with my
crypto-loopback ?

My biggest problem till now is: I`d like to mount all my partitions with the
same password, which I only want to enter once...but losetup doesnt seem to
provide an option for the password !

Peter

--
Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to do
the work.

-