Re: how stable is the international patch for kernel 2.4.18?

Ilsa Gold wrote:
> I  just set up a new Debian Linux system IMHO. All runs very well. I
> just wanted to set up a few new partitions for holding so data I use to
> work with. Now I thought it would be cool to de-/crypt them on the fly.
> I use kernel version 2.4.18. No here is my question: How stable is the
> patch for this kernel found under
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/crypto/v2.4/testing/? Could it be
> seen as stable to use it in an productive environment or do I have to
> bet every evening that my data is there again on the next day? ;-)))

Try loop-AES-v1.6e that I just announced. Loop-AES is twice as fast as
cryptoapi AES on most modern boxes and is compatible with all stable kernels
(-ac, -aa, mainline, distro vendor kernels). OTOH, if you actually enjoy
slow crypto or enjoy incompatibility with kernels with sane VM, then go with
cryptoapi crap.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>
-