Re: Port Loop AES to Solaris

Michael Zhu wrote:
> Hello, guys, does anyone try to port the Linux loop
> device to the SUN Solaris OS? I want to de/encrypt the
> block device on Solaris. So is there any loop device
> on Solaris just like that of Linux? Where can I find
> some materials about this kind of porting?
>
> Is there any information about de/encryption on
> Solaris?

I have attached source for userspace program that does loop-AES compatible
encyption and decryption. It is used as a pipe; it reads from stdin and
writes encrypted/decrypted data to stdout. It can be used to
add/change/remove encryption from partitions and encrypted files, and also
can be used as tar filter to encrypt/decrypt tar archives.

It is portable and not Linux specific, but requires OpenSSL headers and
libraries.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>