Re: journaling file systems

The loopback device seems established in the kernel now, and cryptoapi has
to modify it by patches (fairly minor patches it seems),
but the interface to some sort of processing software
in the loop would surely be a good place to put, for example, disk
compression,

I don't care that I have to add crypto modules to the kernel to make crypto
work, what I do care about is having to patch the existing kernel, with all
the
version problems that results in.

Whether the "actual cryptographic code" is in the distribution may not make
much
difference to US export status, but it seems to me it makes quite a big
difference
to Import status in, for example, France.

Paul Hilton