Re: Crypted CDROMs

I've never tried CD-Roast, but it requires cdrecord anyways, so it
should be okay.  I just tried yesterday burning an encrypted image to a
CD using Nero in Win NT 4.0 and it failed, but I think that's due to the
software.  It seems like it needs an ISO image to burn correctly.

As for using the CDs under Windows, I don't think you would need a
virtual Linux filesystem, you can simply create a FAT32 image (mkdosfs
-F 32 image.img), rather than an ext2 one (although there is a
performance hit for this, and I would love ext2 for Windows ;).  Don't
try burning a FAT32 image onto a CD though yet, I've never gotten
windows to recognize the CD, I think it expects an ISO CD, and won't
mount a FAT32 one.  Windows loop-aes might need to address this?  If I'm
wrong, somebody please let me know how to do it, the ISO filesystem is
too limiting for most of what I do and I don't want to lock myself into
Linux if I don't have to.

-Tim

-