RPCSEC_GSS for the Linux Kernel

This is an announcement of the RPCSEC GSS patch that accompanies the first
public release of NFS version 4 for Linux, by the University of Michigan.
This patch implements the rpcsec_gss protocol (RFC 2203) with the Kerberos V5
mechanism (RFC 1964) for the Linux kernel.

This patch requires a linux crypto kernel patch. I've developed this code
using the crypotapi (cryptoapi-2.4.10.diff), and uses the des-cipher module
and the md5-digest module to perform the verification of the gss packets using
the default Kerberos v5 algorithms.  I have yet to implement data
integrity/privacy.

A patch for MIT Kerberos 5-1.2.3 to enable the gssapi mechinism glue layer is
also included.

I've hardcoded the NFSv3 client to use the code, and can pass all the
connectathon tests using RPC_AUTH_GSS against the Solaris 2.8 NFSv3 server,
and will be testing against NFSv4 implentations at Connectathon 2002.

As is the case with our NFSv4 release, we are now hoping to involve
the open-source community at large in the code development.  Eventually, we
hope to integrate our RPCSEC_GSS implementation into the Linux kernel proper.

To download the set of patchs for the 2.4.4 kernel,  please see:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/feb_2002_rel/rpcsec_patch.html

Disclaimer: This is development code which is incomplete in many ways,
and is not nearly to the point of being ready for the kernel.  Please
bear this in mind when playing with it, and have fun tearing apart our
code!

Cheers,
Andy Adamson
Center for Information Technology and Integration

-