Re: 2.4.17

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:14:42PM -0800, IT3 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR-R wrote:
> 	I have not been following the group as of late, and am curious,
> there are now three choices? (a) Loop-aes, (b) Kernel patch, and (c)
> cryptoAPI?
>
> 	What does CryptoAPI offer? Where can I get information on it?

CryptoAPI is the successor to the former "kerneli" patch. HVR is again
trying to make it a kernel patch as it was in 2.4.3 and prior. That's a
beta, however. The "stable" version of it is the standalone modules
package, with which I thought you were familiar.

    Rob - /dev/rob0

PS to HVR: I still haven't deployed my patched 2.4.17 kernel, but as
mentioned previously it compiled for me. I hope to be using it soon for
an encrypted root fs on my Laptosaurus. :)

I have hesitated to act because the poor creature can only boot from its
tiny hard drive, and once I reformat it, one minor mistake will mean it
is not bootable without a lot of hardware work. Wish me luck. :)

I will let you know how it goes if you're interested (I thought I read
that you were wanting beta reports?)
-