Re: [REGRESSION] Commit a66b2e50 "Preserve sysfs files across suspend/resume" causes a regression in intel_pstate

On 07/11/2013 12:39 PM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Srivatsa S. Bhat
> <srivatsa.bhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I haven't followed the minute details of this patch and will
> do that once you post it after testing it a bit.
>
> BTW, I found a funny bug in there :)
>
>>                 kfree(data);
>> +
>> +               if (remove_sysfs) {
>> +                       lock_policy_rwsem_read(cpu);
>> +                       kobj = &data->kobj;
>> +                       cmp = &data->kobj_unregister;
>> +                       unlock_policy_rwsem_read(cpu);
>> +                       kobject_put(kobj);
>
> You just freed data and still want to use it later :)

Yeah, Tianyu pointed that out to me in the other thread :)

http://marc.info/?l=linux-pm&m=137352402807997&w=2

... and I almost gave up trying to fix this mess, as I mentioned
there :-(

If you have any smart solutions in mind to get this right, do
share your thoughts! :)

Regards,
Srivatsa S. Bhat