Re: 3.10-rcX: cpu governor ondemand doesn't scale well after s2ram

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 08:36:18 PM Toralf Förster wrote:
> On 06/19/2013 12:05 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > Hmm.  This looks like something unrelated to the previous reports.
>
> yes
>
> > How do you check the frequencies?
>
> much more significant is the temperature :
>
> $> cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu\?/thermal_throttle/package_power_limit_count /proc/acpi/ibm/fan /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon\?/device/temp\?_input'
>
> - it is around 49° if just 4 BOINC childs are running at nice level -19, but it is above 65°C if the issue exists. And in hat case I just do run
>
> $> for g in performance ondemand; do for i in 0 1 2 3; do echo $g > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/cpufreq/scaling_governor; done; done; echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/ignore_nice
>
> and the system is back to normal.
>
> > Does that happen every time?  If so, any chance to bisect driver/cpufreq
> > changes between 3.9 and now?
>
> first bisect attempts failed. I realized that the issue only occurs if the power is plugged in. If the system is running on battery the issue doesn't occurred (I checked it more than once)
>
> > Does it work without ignore_nice?
> Seems not to be related to that.

Well, I'm not aware of any recent changes in cpufreq that would make things
work differently depending on whether or not AC power is used.

Thanks,
Rafael

--
I speak only for myself.
Rafael J. Wysocki, Intel Open Source Technology Center.