Re: Clarification on the DVFS capabilities

Hi Viresh,

Thanks for your quick reply. The output of cpufreq-info command is as below:
$ cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 007: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 1
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
  maximum transition latency: 10.0 us.
  hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 2.00 GHz
  available frequency steps: 2.00 GHz, 1.67 GHz, 1.33 GHz, 1000 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: conservative, ondemand, userspace,
powersave, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 2.00 GHz.
                  The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 2.00 GHz.
  cpufreq stats: 2.00 GHz:7.39%, 1.67 GHz:0.66%, 1.33 GHz:1.23%, 1000
MHz:90.72%  (48956)
analyzing CPU 1:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 1
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 1
  maximum transition latency: 10.0 us.
  hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 2.00 GHz
  available frequency steps: 2.00 GHz, 1.67 GHz, 1.33 GHz, 1000 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: conservative, ondemand, userspace,
powersave, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 2.00 GHz.
                  The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 2.00 GHz.
  cpufreq stats: 2.00 GHz:5.87%, 1.67 GHz:0.22%, 1.33 GHz:0.35%, 1000
MHz:93.55%  (10792)

Also my current Linux version is 3.2.0-43-generic. May be thats why
there are misleading values for "CPUs which run at the same hardware
frequency".

Hence I guess that in my case "CPUs which run at the same hardware
frequency" & "CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by
software" should have the same value. If so this means that the CPU
has per-core DVFS. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
karthik