Re: Dynamic cpufreq_frequency_table?

Hi Guru,

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Guru Prasad <gurupras@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to run the Linux kernel with the cpufreq driver in a
> simulation environment where the CPU frequency can be modified.

Okay.

> This leaves me with two choices :
> Either have several kernels with different static cpufreq_frequency tables or

So you meant have different uImages per freq_table, right?

> let the kernel create the cpufreq_frequency_table dynamically.

Didn't get that completely :(
You want the kernel to create this table dynamically, yes we can allocate memory
for it dynamically, but we need some input from some static/dynamic code on the
kind of values you have.

So, we need a fixed freq_table before cpufreq_driver->init is called. That's it.

What you might end up doing could be unregister/register your cpufreq driver for
every new freq_table you want to test your system with. And so your
cpufreq_driver->init() can return these new tables everytime.