[Query]: CPUFREQ: Affected and related cpus in cpufreq

Hi All,

Sorry for  asking one of the most basic question of cpufreq :(

I couldn't get the difference between affected (policy->cpus) and
related cpus (policy->related_cpus) in cpufreq...

As per Documentation/code:

affected_cpus(policy->cpus):
- List of CPUs that require software coordination of frequency.
- Processors part of affected_cpus share policy struct
- Policy limits the frequencies that the processor can work with.

related_cpus(policy->related_cpus):
- List of CPUs that need some sort of frequency coordination, whether
  software or hardware.
- Processors part of related_cpus share governer.
- Governer sets the rules, about when to change limits specified by policy.

Correct?

So, now comes the real question:
- In which scenario's should we populate affected and related cpus?
- Should related cpus will always be a superset of affected cpus?

--
Viresh