Problems with scaling with Core i7 2670QM

Hello, I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and I noticed a strange behaviour when I compile a kernel from sou rce. I tried kernel 3.3.7 and made a make oldconfig of my stock kernel from ubuntu and defaulted all the new options, so I was guarateeing that all th e configs of the stock kernel were being imported to the newly compiled and that scaling would work as it should. The problem is the scaling frequency reported by cpuinfo_cur_freq and scaling_cur_freq as shown below, I compar ed those from compiled and stock kernels. What am I missing? Or it's a kind of bug?

/proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cp u family : 6
model : 42
model name : Intel( R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
stepping : 7
microco de : 0C39723
cpu MHz : 800.000
cache size  : 6144 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 8
core id : 0
cpu cores : 4
apicid : 0
init ial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
 cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm co nstant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf p ni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx lahf_lm id a arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpidbogomips : 4390.25
clflush size : 64
cache_alignm ent : 64
po wer management:

WITH COMPILED KERNEL:
What I detected is this. I have two different readings for the same pro cessor but one comes from cpuinfo_cur_freq and the other one comes from  scaling_cur_freq as seen below:

sudo cat scaling_cur_freq; sud o cat cpuinfo_cur_freq
800000
1800000

What's the true reading? Why with stock kernel it doesn't  happen the frequencies match!

cat scaling_driver; cat scaling_governor
acpi-cpufreq
ondemand

cat time_in_state
2201000 57624
2200000 2875
1900000 631
1800000 620
1700000 709
160 0000 659
1500000 789
1400000 793
1300000 822
120000 0 801
1100000 977
1000000 1142
900000 705
800000 84 2189

WITH STOCK KERNEL:

With stock kernel, just for comparison, as you can see it's more logical a nd the readings match, even the one that shows the time_in_state.

sudo cat scaling_cur_freq; sudo cat cpuinfo_cur_freq
800000
800000

cat scaling_driver;  cat scaling_governor
acpi-cpufreq
ondemand

cat time_in_state
2201000 22259