cpufreq governor with SMP support

Hi
The CPUFreq ondemand governor will use  deferrable timer for cpu
workload profiling.
The deferrable timer will not invoke the core when the core is totally idle.
So for a SMP system, there are two cores, each one will have its own
cpufreq_policy and do the profiling and change the frequency of core.
I find that after system boot up, and I set the governor of the two
cores to be “ondemand”. The profiling in CPU1 will never start because
CPU1 is in idle, and the deferrable timer cpu profiling depends on
will not wake up core.
Is that a problem, or I made mistake about how to set up cpufreq in
the SMP system?