Re: on-demand governor behavior on synchronous MP!!!

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:20:09PM +0530, Murali N wrote:
>  > Hi All,
>  > I have a MP system where both the cores are running synchronously i.e.
>  > both cores run using the same clock.
>  > I would like to know how the "on-demand" governor takes care of this
>  > scenario? There may be a case where both the cores are running but any
>  > one of the core is under loaded, how this is handled in on-demand
>  > governor?
>
> see policy->related_cpus and ->cpus
>
>        Dave

Hi Dave,
"related_cpus" attribute displays the CPUs coordination map. whose
frequency is either coordinated by h/w OR s/w.

from the code i am didn't understood clearly how the cpufreq takes
care of setting the best optimal frequency based on both the cores
load into consideration?

--
Regards,
Murali N