Cpufreq wasn't working of late!

Hi,

I am Vivek from Bangalore, India. I was recently fed up of windows OS
and wanted to give a try to something freeware, in fact opensource. I
got Ubuntu when I googled at the first place. Gave a look at the new
10.10 Maverick Meerkat. Gave it a try.

One thing on my top list was whether AMD Cool 'n Quiet would be
supported in linux or not (or else I'd be hearing the choppy fan noise
always, even though not needed). I tried everything by installing
everything I can related to cpufreq by searching in Ubuntu Software
Centre (I am a dummy in linux).

Finally, after two weeks, happy to see my quad core processor -- AMD
Athlon II x4 620 underclocked to 800MHz when I did 'cat
/modules/cpuinfo'. Thank God.

Just found your email id in one of the google results. So, thought of
sharing it with you.

Thanks,
Vivek