Re: Speedstep on Celeron SU2300 - 20% more battery lifetime on Windows

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Len Brown <lenb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm getting around 75% in C4, the rest almost exclusively in C0.
>
> This 25% in C0 is likely all of your battery life problem.
>
> use top and powertop to find out what is running and why,
> and see if it is something you can prevent from running.
>
> If your CPU is more than 1% buys when "profoundly idle",
> then it has a significant software or configuration problem.

As mentioned in another e-mail, it was a problem with the broadcom
driver. I have an atheros 9285 card on order, let's see how that one
holds, the USB one did ok.

> cheers,
> Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center
>
> ps. note for comparisons... Âyour XP partition should have a
> "perfmon" application that can draw a pretty graph of cpu usage,
> including adding counters for the various C-states.

Using Server 2008 for tests, currently broken. Alternatives?

Best regards,
Tiago