Ondemand Governor in Linux Kernel 2.6.31

Hi All,

I have Ubuntu Karmic ( Linux Kernel 2.6.31)  installed on my netbook[
ASUS Eeepc - N450 ]. I tried to calculate power variation for ondemand
and performance governors at idle state, after booting and no
background jobs/loads running. But by switching between these
governors, i could observe only frequency change, but the power
consumed by the device is almost same.  Is there any important point i
am missing here ? I was expecting that the power consumption will be
reduced on switching to ondemand governor from performance.

Thanks,
Shankar