Re: Ondemand core specific variables

On Thursday 20 May 2010 09:27:50 pm Chidambaram, Praveen wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Can we not deprecate the per-cpu ondemand governor parameters?
Some arguments would be appreciated.
These never were cpu based from the beginning since these governors
exist.

These variables were removed and put into general sysfs dir because:
  - They never were per_cpu based
  - No need was seen to make them per cpu based ones
  - We should be able to get rid of an ugly lock
I could imagine someone wants to increase min_freq on specific cores,
e.g. for real time/low latency and that is possible.
But making these ondemand/conservative variables per cpu based is IMO
overdesigned.

       Thomas