high latencies caused by acpi_cpufreq

Hi all,

I'm using kernel 2.6.33 with the -rt patch for realtime preemption.

I've been having some high latencies which only occur when the
acpi_cpufreq module is loaded. The -rt guys told me this is expected
since the cpu state transitions can cause high latencies.

Setting the cpu governor for both of my cores to performance does not
help, only removing the module! I was wondering, isn't performance
governor supposed to choose the maximum frequency and don't touch it
anymore?

I also have another doubt: when I boot the computer I have
acpi_cpufreq being used (according to lsmod) by one reference. However
I have no cpufreq daemons running - is this normal? This causes me a
problem since I have force remove the module in order to get decent
latencies and that causes "Disabling lock debugging due to kernel
taint" ...

Can anyone please give me a hand on this?

Regards,
Pedro