Cpu Frequency Scaling on Atom Z510

I've been trying to enable frequency scaling for our device, but I haven't had much luck yet.

The CPU is an Intel Atom Processor Z510PT (Automotive grade, 1.1 GHz, 400 MHz FSB), so as far as I know it supports frequency scaling. The BIOS is custom made and might be missing some functionality, but everything seems to work fine in windows (or at least the power consumption is lower while idle).

I've compiled the 2.6.31-rc1 kernel with some debug and encountered the line:

found unsupported CPU with Enhanced SpeedStep: send /proc/cpuinfo to cpufreq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

/proc/cpuinfo:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 28
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU        @ 1.33GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 999.839
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips        : 1999.67
clflush size    : 64
power management:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 28
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU        @ 1.33GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 999.839
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 1
initial apicid  : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips        : 1999.98
clflush size    : 64
power management: