dynamic voltage frequency scaling (DVFS) per core in Opteron

Hello,

we are considering to buy a system with an AMD Opteron 2384 processor. We want to conduct some experiments with dynamic voltage frequency scaling (DVFS).

It seems the chips supports DVFS per core, so one core can be running at frequency X and the other core can do it at frequency Y. However, we are not sure how to access all the actuators to change frequency/voltage.

Is cpufreq from Linux kernel supporting this? I could only find support for K8 microarchitectures and a patch to read the temperatures for K10 microarchitecture (e.g., Opteron 2384). However, we are not sure whether is it possible to perform DVFS for K10 microarchitecture using cpufreq.

Does anyone know anything about this? Any plans to support K10 in cpufreq?

Thanks in advance,
Victor

--
Víctor Jiménez