No cpufreq on aOpen MP45

Hi everybody.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but since I've spent a
couple of days googling and pulling hair I'll give it a try.

I just can't seem to get cpufreq working on my aOpen Mini-pc mp45. It's a
mini-itx computer built around Intel G45 chipset, in my case equipped with
a C2D P8400 CPU. Seems to me like a system that should handle speedstep.

However, when I run cpufreq-info, it just tells me the following:

cpufrequtils 004: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU
analyzing CPU 1:
  no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU

I can understand why it tells me this, because the directory
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq (or the one for cpu1) doesn't even
exist.

This is on a Ubuntu Jaunty alpha 64 bit system. As I understand it the
needed modules should be compiled into the Ubuntu kernel since version
2.6.28-8.25 of the Jaunty kernel. The only module that seems relevant to
load is speedstep-lib which doesn't do any difference.

Is this me doing something wrong? Is it aOpen doing nasty stuff with the
bios? (I've of course searched through the bios settings. The only related
setting is the one where I choose which c states to enable. Played around
with it, doesn't seem to affect anything)

Anyone point me in the right direction?

/Daniel