Unknown p4-clockmod-capable CPU

LS,

I'm writing to you because upon loading the p4-clockmod module, I see the following in my dmesg output:

p4-clockmod: Unknown p4-clockmod-capable CPU. Please send an e-mail to <cpufreq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Also, the loading of the module fails with this error:

FATAL: Error inserting p4_clockmod (/lib/modules/2.6.28/kernel/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/p4-clockmod.ko): No such device

My processor is an Intel Atom 330 @ 1.6 GHz with four logical processors in one physical package, and the motherboard chipset is Intel ICH7.

I've tried both a 2.6.27 kernel with Gentoo patches, and a vanilla 2.6.28 kernel, with the same results. None of the other cpufreq drivers work, p4-clockmod is the only one that seems to do anything at all.

I've included the contents of /proc/cpuinfo and the output of x86info. If I can be of any further help in resolving this, please let me know. I'll be happy to test any patches for you.

--
Jos van der Ende <seraph@xxxxxxxxx>
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 28
model name	: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  330   @ 1.60GHz
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1596.095
cache size	: 512 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 4
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
bogomips	: 3192.19
clflush size	: 64
power management:

processor	: 1
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 28
model name	: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  330   @ 1.60GHz
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1596.095
cache size	: 512 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 4
core id		: 1
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 2
initial apicid	: 2
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
bogomips	: 3192.17
clflush size	: 64
power management:

processor	: 2
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 28
model name	: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  330   @ 1.60GHz
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1596.095
cache size	: 512 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 4
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 1
initial apicid	: 1
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
bogomips	: 3192.17
clflush size	: 64
power management:

processor	: 3
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 28
model name	: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  330   @ 1.60GHz
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1596.095
cache size	: 512 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 4
core id		: 1
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 3
initial apicid	: 3
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
bogomips	: 3192.24
clflush size	: 64
power management:

x86info v1.21.  Dave Jones 2001-2007
Feedback to <davej@xxxxxxxxxx>.

Found 4 CPUs
CPU #1
Family: 6 Model: 12 Stepping: 2 Type: 0 Brand: 0
CPU Model: Unknown CPU Original OEM
Feature flags:
 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflsh ds acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
Extended feature flags:
 sse3 [2] monitor ds-cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xTPR [15] [22]
 xd em64t lahf_lm
Cache info
 L1 Instruction cache: 32KB, 8-way associative. 64 byte line size.
TLB info
Found unknown cache descriptors: 0e 4f 59 80 ba c0
The physical package supports 4 logical processors

CPU #2
Family: 6 Model: 12 Stepping: 2 Type: 0 Brand: 0
CPU Model: Unknown CPU Original OEM
Feature flags:
 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflsh ds acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
Extended feature flags:
 sse3 [2] monitor ds-cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xTPR [15] [22]
 xd em64t lahf_lm
Cache info
 L1 Instruction cache: 32KB, 8-way associative. 64 byte line size.
TLB info
Found unknown cache descriptors: 0e 4f 59 80 ba c0
The physical package supports 4 logical processors

CPU #3
Family: 6 Model: 12 Stepping: 2 Type: 0 Brand: 0
CPU Model: Unknown CPU Original OEM
Feature flags:
 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflsh ds acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
Extended feature flags:
 sse3 [2] monitor ds-cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xTPR [15] [22]
 xd em64t lahf_lm
Cache info
 L1 Instruction cache: 32KB, 8-way associative. 64 byte line size.
TLB info
Found unknown cache descriptors: 0e 4f 59 80 ba c0
The physical package supports 4 logical processors

CPU #4