PIII Coppermine desktop CPU

Hello,

I have a desktop computer running with a PIII Coppermine (1 Ghz) CPU.
This processor is running at full speedy all the time, although most part of the time I don't need all this power, and I would like to speed it down.

Is that CPU able to use frequency scaling ?
By dint of trying to find an answer, I'm lost ...

Here's my cpuinfo:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 1004.852
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse up
bogomips        : 2010.78
clflush size    : 32

Obviosely, this CPU supports frequency scaling or speed stepping anyway, but each time I try to modprobe acpi_cpufreq or any module related with cpufreq, I have an error.

Help would be welcome, cheers.