Re: p4-clockmod: Unknown p4-clockmod-capable CPU

The Atom should be using the acpi-pstates driver for frequency scaling...

If this is not working, check that SpeedStep is enabled in the BIOS, and if it is, it's like that the ACPI DSDT has not got information about the P-States that this CPU can handle...

What is the motherboard and chip model?

I've got a single core hyperthreaded Atom N270 based Asus eeepc901 which works fine with the
acpi-pstates cpufreq driver...

p4-clockmod is as the name suggests - useful for the P4

-Etienne