question about cpufreq_conservative.c

Hello,

First of all - sorry for my english.
i have question about frequency politics of
drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_conservative.c

In the beginning of this file we have:

/* for correct statistics, we need at least 10 ticks between each measure */
#define MIN_STAT_SAMPLING_RATE                  \
                      (MIN_SAMPLING_RATE_RATIO * jiffies_to_usecs(10))

I changed this value (10 ticks) to 100, and look how it's works with
powertop (program from intel).
Times of wake-ups decreased (good for power saving?) and frequency
switching looked well. Also i changed this value to 50 and then tried
different values.
The idea is: may be it's good to make module parameter about this
value ? This way we can let people choose - do they want less flexible
conservative politics and better energy power saving? I can make patch
for this thing.

I also made jiffies_to_usecs(round_jiffies(100)), but it was awful(too
fast frequency switching).
It's possible that i'm wrong. So, can you you give me some
information(www-links) or explain my mistake ?
Thanks for any help.

--
Best regards, Klimov Alexey