Re: [BUG] cpufreq: constant cpu_khz

* Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > hm, that too is due to the tsc.c unification - Alok Cc:-ed. Applied
>  > your fix to x86/urgent.
>
> ACKed-by: Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Good catch Peter.  I'm puzzled how that bug was latent on 64bit for so
> long with no-one realising though.

i think it's the combination of these two factors:

 - bootup frequently is typically full-speed, so we calibrate things
   right

 - cpufreq events are relatively slow-scale - and when they trigger the
   system is definitely not under load. So how precisely the scheduler
   functions isnt all that important in such scenarios - there's tons of
   CPU power available.

but it's indeed nice to have this fixed, and i just pushed the fix to
Linus.

	Ingo