Re: Corosync 2.3.4 - ring status and configuration reload

Adam,

Adam Błaszczykowski napsal(a):
> Hi,
> I have created Corosync cluster with one ring and added virtual IP resource
> as "vip1" to cluster and commit changes. Now I would like to add second
> ring connection to cluster configuration, but I don't want to restart
> cluster.
>
> 1. Is there any possibility to reload or refresh ring configuration in
> corosync.conf without restarting cluster ?

for corosync 2.x use corosync-cfgtool -R to reload configuration file.

> 2. How to get information about ring status in cluster and how to check if
> ring connection between nodes is failed?
> I have used command "corosync-cfgtool -s" but it shows me that "ring 0
> active with no fauls" and my second node is powered down, so this status is
> incorrect.

corosync-cfgtool -s is used for displaying ring status. And if you have
one ring, ring0 will always will be without faults. This is not a bug
but feature (eventho may look little strange) and make sense. Keep in
mind corosync is dynamic membership so if 10-nodes cluster split to 10
1-nodes cluster, it's perfectly valid and each of this 1-node cluster
will have fully functional ring.

Regards,
  Honza