Proposal; Default to unicast

It seems to me that most people run small clusters of 2~3 nodes. Given how much trouble a lot of new users have with multicast, I wonder if there is an argument for switching corosync to use unicast by default. Then provide good documentation, in man pages and what have you, recommending multicast for larger networks.

The reasoning is that people building larger clusters are likely going to be people with more infrastructure experience. These people will probably inherently understand the benefit of multicast and be in a better position to handle the network configuration needed to make multicast work well.

Alternatively, have corosync default to unicast for 2~3 nodes and default to multicast for 4+ nodes? That might catch people by surprise though, so I am guessing this might not be the best idea.

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?