Re: Corosync performance tuning on 10Gbe

Thanks Jan.

Date:  Thu, Sep 25, 2014 11:43 PM
To:  "°²ãó"<anyang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "discuss"<discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject:  Re: [corosync] Corosync performance tuning on 10Gbe

anyang,

> Hi all,
>
> I run 3 nodes corosync cluster with cman, and above it run qpidd cluster mode service.
> All the packages is from CentOS 6.5 repo and MRG clone repo, http://glitesoft.cern.ch/cern/mrg/slc6X/x86_64/RPMS/.
>
> I test the cluster system with qpid-send and qpid-receive tools, the max bandwidth is about 117-119MB/s.
>
> When  I run standalone qpid performance test, the bandwidth will reach more  than 9Gb/s, so I think the operating system and hardware tuning is good.
>
> Corosync'  s totem protocol has many options,  maybe the default configuration is  suit for Gbe network, could you give any advices, let corosync cluster run  full speed on 10Gbe?

Corosync was not tested in 10Gbe environment (with exception of IBA).
And honestly, I don't think 10Gb can be achieved with standard MTU. So
my adovise would be to try increase MTU of NIC and then increase MTU in
corosync.conf.

I use both 9000 and 8982 MTU, the performance is almost the same.

Also corosync 2.x contains many optimizations so it can behave better.

Regards,
  Honza