Re: Starting Services on Boot

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:05:25 +0000
Danny Roberts <danny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was reading the Clusterlabs Pacemaker docs and it said that a
> Upstart or systemd service they should not set to be started on boot
> as they will be managed by the Cluster.
>
> Does it actually cause a problem for these services to be started on
> boot at all or is it just a recommendation?

Once you've added a resource as an agent to Pacemaker, it then has to
be left completely in the hands of the cluster. Automatically starting
managed services at boot is much the same thing as manually going in and
starting or stopping services while the cluster is up. It will confuse
Pacemaker and potentially cause spurious failovers or split-brain
situations where services are simultaneously running on multiple nodes.

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund
// kgronlund@xxxxxxxx