Re: What is votequorum qdevice?

On 09/01/14 14:21, Patrick Hemmer wrote:
While working with votequorum, I see several functions and other things
related to 'qdevice'. But the functions aren't documented, and I can't
find anything which explains their purpose and what they do.

The functions I see are:
votequorum_qdevice_register
votequorum_qdevice_unregister
votequorum_qdevice_update
votequorum_qdevice_poll
votequorum_qdevice_master_wins

Can someone enlighten me? (and possibly update the docs as well)

The main reason those calls are not documented is that they have not been fully tested, we currently don't have any daemon that uses them.

The qdevice API is meant to allow for plug-in daemons that can augment the quorum calculations of votequorum by using the state of some external agent, maybe a router ping or a quorum disk. A more flexible version of qdiskd shipped with cman really.

We are currently working on this project, and one of my tasks is to actually write the man pages for those APIs, so it will happen :-)

Once we've done more work on this then the documents will appear and the APIs will be usable, though also look out for a better interface for user-written quorum plugins too. These API calls are just a starting point.

Chrissie