Re: Has anyone used corosync with both big & little endian systems in a single cluster?

On 14/11/13 05:01, John Thompson wrote:
Hi,

I am using corosync in a cluster that includes both big and little
endian systems and am coming
across crashes when there are retransmits in the cluster.

I wondered therefore if others had tried this previously?

As part of this I have identified that totempg_deliver_fn modifies the
mcast msg in place to
convert for endian purposes, even though it might still be on a sort
queue and used for retransmission.
This means that if there are different endian systems operating and a
retransmission of the msg
is performed, it will have been endian converted in-place and so what
the node receives is a message that has some endian converted fields.

I will submit a patch for this.

I suspect it hasn't been tried for a very long time! if you have a patch that fixes the bug it will be gratefully received :-)

Chrissie