Could not initialize corosync configuration API error 2

Dear Developers/Users,

we’re using Corosync Cluster Engine 1.4.2 with Debian 6 and a recent vanilla Kernel (3.10).

On quite a lot of our clusters we can not check the ring status anymore:

corosync-cfgtool –s returns:

Could not initialize corosync configuration API error 2

A reboot is fixing the problem.

Even though the status is not returned, i see traffic on the ring interfaces and the cluster is operational.

We’re using rrp_mode: active with 2 ring interfaces with multicast.

Is this a known problem? Does a workaround exist to not force us to reboot the machines regularly ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Stefan Bauer