Corosync and ip link set eth1 down

Hello,

I'm running Corosync 1.4.2-2 with Pacemaker 1.1.6-2ubuntu3
on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS both installed using ubuntu packages
and I'm having following issues:

1) When I set bind interface down and then up, with udp
   sometimes it takes up to 8 minutes for the node on
   which the interface was taken down to reconnect with
   other nodes, sometimes it reconnects immediately, see
   log [1],

2) When I use udpu, after bringing the interface up,
   sometimes corosync crashes, sometimes I see "Totem is
   unable to form a cluster because of an operating system
   or network fault." message (corosync restart usually
   helps) and sometimes it reconnects flawlessly,

3) When using udpu, I have to add the node on which I run
   corosync to the members list. When I use its IP
   (so 10.1.1.165 for example), the node doesn't recognise,
   when interface is brought down, and so it keeps all the
   services running, while on other nodes it is seen as an
   offline node. I went around it by using localhost IP for
   such node.

The firewall and AppArmor both are disabled.

On wiki [2] I've read that bringing interface down and up
is not how one should test the split brain scenarios, but
then how does bringing interface down and unplugging a cable
differ from the corosync point of view?

Why it takes so long for the node to reconnect when using
udp?

Should I be using 127.0.0.1 for the node given corosync is
running on when using udpu or am I missing something there?

Configuration:

UDPU:
compatibility: none

totem {