Manual floating ip

Hi,

I would like to understand : as it seems that debian package is kind of bugged maybe (too many strange errors)

I would like to understand how I could make a poor man ip failover.

How could I tell a box to "take" the ip of another one in case the first one dies ?

Or better : take the responsibility of a third shared ip that I would have bought and prepare to failover ?

I know, not a typicall question but I am litterally stuck with corosync/pacemaker.

Any clue would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks :)

Alain