Re: Corosync with two servers around the world

Alain,
first make sure that corosync itself works. So remove/comment out

service {
      # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
      ver:       0
      name:      pacemaker
}

Now.

Ether change

to_stderr: yes
to_logfile: no

to_stderr: no
to_logfile: yes

or execute corosync as corosync -f to see startup messages. Ether way,
you should have message like "The network interface [123.456.789] is now
up." on both nodes in /var/log/cluster/corosync.log (with to_logfile:
yes), or on stderr (with to_stderr:yes and corosync -f).

IFF you have this messages shown on both nodes, you are on good way.
Nodes should see each other if there is no firewall blocking somewhere.
To test that, exec corosync-cmapctl (for corosync needle 2.x) or
corosync-objctl (for flatiron 1.x)  and there should be
runtime.totem.pg.mrp.srp.members.ip and status joined (on each of node,
you should see both nodes).

If that applies, corosync works fine and problem is in pacemaker (did
you changed to ver:1? If so, did you executed pacemaker daemon?)

Honza