Re: [patch] Do not use GNU specific linker options on systems without GNU linker

Hi Andrei,

On 4/3/2013 8:35 AM, Andrei Belov wrote:
> Hello corosync users,
>
> here's the patch that makes possible to flawlessly build latest Corosync on SunOS 5.11
> and Mac OS X 10.8.3 (as well as on earlier versions of both OSes).

If you can change this:

+case "$host_os" in
+*Linux*|*linux*|*bsd*)

to detect if ld supports the options, then I am ok with it.

I don´t want to see host_os detection anywhere near configure.ac, because:

1) a user might have a GNU toolchain on those OS´es and will want to use
them by default
2) the ld in use on a systeam is strictly dependent on how gcc is built
(and we don´t know that upfront unless you want to write a very complex
check).

We spent a huge amount of time moving to "detect features" vs
"hardcoding" because it´s a lot more flexible and lasts longer. this
approach is moving backwards.

Thanks
Fabio