Re: Maximum number of RRP interfaces

James Guthrie napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> The example configuration for corosync mentions that corosync doesn't support being configured for more than two interfaces. Is there a technical reason for this? Will this remain the status quo in Corosync, or are there plans to be able to configure many interfaces? In my application the usage of a bond interface unfortunately doesn't apply, so that isn't a solution.

In 1.x series, there is technical reason, because wire header doesn't
contain space for more then two rings. In 2.x, header is ready for more
then two rings, but fragmentation layer is not (MTU computation is
spread across layers and it's very hard to find out real maximum "data"
size).

I would not call this as "status quo", but it's highly improbable that
more then two rings will be implemented in 2.x. It's something to thing
about for 3.x, but generally, more then two rings are usually not needed.

Of course, patches are welcomed ;)

Regards,
  Honza