Fwd: About the different between my_trans_memb_list and my_deliver_memb_list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steven Dake <steven.dake@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: About the different between my_trans_memb_list and my_deliver_memb_list
To: jason <huzhijiang@xxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM, jason <huzhijiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,
According to the paper of Yair Amir ,my_trans_memb_list can become a subset of my_deliver_memb_list. But I looked the code of openais-0.80.6 and It is hard for me to understand how this can happen. Could you please explain the reason why we need my_deliver_memb_list and in which senario my_trans_memb_list becomes a subset of it?

Thanks alot!

openais is not maintained any longer.  I recommend having a look at the Corosync upstream trees.

my_deliver_memb contains all processors that were in old and new ring, but is only set _after_ the transitional configuration has been delivered.  This list is used to ensure a message that is deliverable in safe or agreed ordering is delivered at the conclusion of the previous regular configuration.

my_trans_memb are the processors that must be delivered in the transitional membership.  These processors may not be able to deliver all messages with safe or agreed ordering guarantees because of missing messages.

Example:
config #1: A,B,C
config #2: A,B
between config #1 and config #2:
my_deliver_memb = A,B,C
my_trans_memb = A,B
my_deliver_memb = A,B

hence my_trans_memb is a subset of my_deliver_memb during the transitional configuration delivery.

Regards
-steve