Re: Is there any open source tools using votequorum's quorum device now

Hi,

2012/6/8 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto@xxxxxxxxxx>
On 6/8/2012 7:38 AM, george wrote:
> hi,
>
> I found votequorum support QUORUM_DEVICE(qdisk in cman previously), and
>  is there any open source tools using quorum device now ?

the QUORUM_DEVICE api is not built in votequorum and marked EXPERIMENTAL.

It is NOT supported at the moment.

Most of the functionality that a quorum device provides, have been
replaced by wait_for_all, last_man_standing and auto_tie_breaker
features in votequorum, that would make a use of a quorum device
completely unnecessary.

The behavior of auto_tie_breaker in the scenarios of  split brain is the set of nodes that are still in contact with the node
that has the lowest nodeid will remain quorate. But I think it is a arbitrary behavior,because maybe the quorate nodes can't
provide the services,on the contrary the nodes can't contact with the lowest nodeid could provide the services.

So I need another way to determine which partition could provide the service correctly, like ping the gateway.

There are no tools that use that API yet, but some work is in progress.

Fabio

Best Regards,
Qiu Zhigang